Excercise and Stripper Envy

by The Comeback Girl on August 12, 2011

It’s not just about ti!ts and @ss!

To me every woman trying to release weight or even on a mission to get in touch with her sexy, needs to get on the pole (by way of a pole dancing class). We already know that women are fascinated with strippers. Some of the more sanctimonious among us, claim we despise them, quote bible versus about em’ and maybe even have an anecdotal story about how they wrecked great Aunt Thelma’s marriage back in 1982. But most of us want to secretly be one.  And I honestly feel like it has less to do with pleasing a man and wanting to turn one on and more to do with how liberating pole dancing really is for a woman.

So I went to my first REAL strip club a few weeks ago on a date, for blog research purposes.

Now before yall go in on the Comeback Girl let me explain. I had gone out with this guy a few times. The second time we went out, I brought up strippers and how I had gone to a gentleman’s club in college to see my friend. It was upscale, some tit!s no @ss. He asked if I’d ever go to a real one, and I said yes. Hey I’m curious and I thought it was just conversation. So when the next week came around, we were out at a really cute restaurant and dude said: “Remember how you said you’d go to a strip club,  let’s go”.

So off we went.

And let’s just say it was interesting. Slightly hood. Very much “in your face” kind of pole dancing. I was surprised to see a few couples. Not surprised to see a ton of lesbians. Even less surprised to see a rack of rowdy men making it rain on the “professional dancers”. Now what I don’t think is hot, is to start out on the pole showing everybody your crotchedy goodness, from jump street. What about building up to all that. Sort of like a crescendo.

What I did enjoy though were the pole skills. I’ve always heard you can burn hella calories on the pole. I’ll investigate and report back on just how many. I’ve even heard women dropping 5 pounds in one week, just doing pole dancing. Not only are you getting good cardio, you’re also doing a ton of strength training.

Not to mention getting in touch with your sexua!lity. You know that the Comeback Girl is all about sex!uality right now. I think it’s sort of like the keys to the weight release kingdom. Mostly because, weight gain has some elements of losing touch with one’s own body and becoming out of touch with it. And as more weight comes on, the more disconnected you feel, which in turn plays havoc on your self worth.

Of course, mentioning a pole around any man totally ignites him. He’s all ears, all other stuff too and wanna know if he can build one for you in his house. But to me, it’s not really about a man when it comes to getting your se!xy back. That’s just a plus. It’s what comes added automatically when you are feeling good about yourself and enjoying what your body can do.

{ 24 comments… read them below or add one }

80s August 15, 2011 at 10:17 am

I LOVE pole dancing……

I prefer classes taught by dancers and not previous strippers/real pole dancers because they try to do too much..In the class I went to that was taught by ex strippers they had us swinging from one pole to another…Ummm too much for beginners… LOL
But classes taught by dancers are fun because they’re showing/teaching you basic stuff..

But pole dancing is definitely a work out…I admire those who actually do more than just slide down the pole because it takes a lot of strengh to master the different moves on a pole..

Hmmm I should look into some kind of pole dancing classes on a regular.

The Comeback Girl August 15, 2011 at 12:31 pm

@80s. See I always wanted to try a real ex stripper as a teacher but I see what ur saying. They might have u upside down. Doing stuff ur not used to.

Jac August 15, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Y’all are TOO funny. I have been offered the chance to try this in September at Pole Yourself Thin here… Thing is, dude that put it together is trying to get me on HIS pole so I kinda don’t want to it.

Ahhh… this blog right here is EVERYTHING when it comes to the mental/sexual/emotional struggle, etc that accompanies weight loss!

shay-d-lady August 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

i attend a pole dancing class off and on.. lol it is seriously one of the hardest workouts ive ever experienced. It works every muscle in your body, especially your core.

However I dont attend regularly because I am not quite comfortable enough with myself to lose the self consciousness and go all the way there i always do the modified version of the spins.

but its coming, slowly but surely. They have 5.00 tuesdays here and they offer the pole, strip to fit and belly dancing classes for 5.00 …
i might just go today.

i kind of fell off the wagon the last few weeks so ive been looking to get back on. its so frustrating sometimes because it was so easy to develop bad habits and its sooo freaking hard for good habits to stick!

I am trying to drink that gallon of water though.
its so weird my relationship with this blog I was thinking of taking today off, and i came across this realized its 5.00 tuesdays and that i have no reason to not do it!!!

L.P. August 17, 2011 at 9:14 am

Oh My God! We’re indeed kindred spirits… It’s well-documented that my not so secret dream job is being a stripper. Lol. I am finally getting the chance to experiment that in a controlled environment.

I am currently taking a Level 1 pole dancing class which consists of 8 weekly sessions of 90 minutes, followed by a recital of the routine we’ll learn… And like shay-d-lady says, it is one of the hardest/most grueling workouts ever… and I ran 2 triathlons!! :) … But I absolutely love it to pieces. I have always been fairly comfortable with my body/ my $ex.uality… but this is more of getting connected to my feminine side… As I’m contemplating eventually becoming a mother sooner than later, it’s helping me realize that I will never lose being a woman. And that’s powerful.

They have 5 levels… The instructors are dancers/strippers and absolutely, ridiculously talented. One of the Instructors actually just won the Miss Texas Pole Dancing. It’s a fun and positive environment. I am looking forward to my Saturday mornings. :)

Jac August 19, 2011 at 10:46 am

but this is more of getting connected to my feminine side…

I think that’s what it is about once you get to a certain point, you crave having THAT type relationship with yourself… it’s important

Comeback Tiffy August 18, 2011 at 11:36 am

Why do I wanna open a pole school now LOL!!!

L.P. August 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I am thinking about it… but even more scandalous, I’m thinking about opening it back home… in the middle of “moral values” Africa… Should be a riot. :)

80s August 19, 2011 at 2:37 pm

What’s funny is that my bff just moved into a new home…I was in her basement like ooooh we can get about 8 poles in here for a class…. LOL

Sunny August 18, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Pole dancing is pretty cool in my book. Those women are hella acrobatic and talented. Gripping that thing and sliding down while upside down is NO SMALL FEAT.

I’d love to take a class!

Oh, and Hi Guys… comeback, I have been checking your site for updates constantly. lol

L.P. August 19, 2011 at 9:52 am

Hi Mommy Sunny!

How’s gorgeous Zoe? Y’all did a great job, she is a-do-rable!

Sunny August 19, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Hey doll!!!

She’s doing good, laying on my chest right now, I’m trying to get her to sleep. She’s a really good baby, so I am happy about that. She doesn’t cry unneccessarily (THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS LAYING IN A MANGER)!!!!

V Renee August 19, 2011 at 10:10 am

I LOVE strip clubs!! Absolutely love them. Most people visit other cities and want to shop and eat. That’s cool, but I like to make a point to visit the local strip club too. I seriously admire dancers, because that shyt is hard. I’m a slight exhibitionist and not for anyone else, but for myself because I heart me. All parts. Being naked, I feel, is truly liberating and connects you to yourself and not just sexually.

Waves to the treehouse! Oh how I miss yall!

L.P. August 19, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Man! I miss you guys something crazy! CBG should do a Where are They Now type of post, where we update each other on what’s been going on!

Sunny up and went and had a gorgeous baby girl on us… thus ensuring the next generation of tea drinkers at the treehouse. :)

Sunny August 19, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Awww thanks girl. ;)

Sunny August 19, 2011 at 12:28 pm

And I definitely missed you ladies!

V Renee August 19, 2011 at 12:42 pm

She did have a gorgeous baby didn’t she?!

Sunny – I sent you something in the mail. Hopefully you get it soon :-)

Sunny August 19, 2011 at 12:47 pm

awww thank you V!!! That is so sweet of u, I will keep an eye out for it.

Comeback Tiffy August 19, 2011 at 12:40 pm

@ SUNNY cONGRATS ON THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Hi Tree house.

@ LP..you are renegade for sure !!! LOL

@ Vroom..stip clubs are cool..but going with a your guy…like when does it become a problem?? im wondering about that. I think the novelty has to wear off at some point. I mean you seen one cootch you seen them all right LOL PLUS your own..i dunno.

V Renee August 19, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Yeah thinking about it, I’ve never been with a guy I’m dating. Ive only been with friends (male/female). I like to make it rain from time to time (but using other peoples money). Ha!

shay-d-lady August 22, 2011 at 11:45 am

@ v LOL thats the best way to make it rain

I like strip clubs and Ive never had an issue going with the hubby or friends.
to me it becomes a problem when you/he spending the light bills or going back to VIP LOL

uh negro you best get yo VIP at the house..

Sunny August 19, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Hey Comeback!!! Thank u so much ;)

Jade August 29, 2011 at 12:43 pm

You guys are funny! I’ve been to a few strip clubs with some guy friends of mine. And while they seemed to really enjoy themselves, it wasn’t really my thing. I have always wanted to try pole dancing though. I wonder if there are any classes in my wee little town.

And congrats Sunny, I’ve been wondering if you had the baby yet. I’ve been sick the past few weeks and haven’t had a chance to keep up with things. Must go check facebook for the pics of Zoe.

Sunny August 30, 2011 at 10:56 am

Thanks Jade! She was born early. ;) Are you feeling much better?