Mrs. Ernestine Shepherd: My Hero

by The Comeback Girl on June 10, 2011

Of course you know that you’re favorite Comeback Girl in all the world ain’t 74, but when I started following Mrs. Shepherd a few months ago on Facebook, I became motivated all over again to get fit(ter) and stay fit. The woman takes gorgeous to a whole new level. It’s never to late to begin a routine. And I promise you the serotonin high you get as a benefit can’t even be topped, not even by se!x.

I’m so encouraged even as I lay on the couch in my gym clothes. Sometimes I go through this mental talk, even going to the gym six days a week, I call it the “get my mind right” talk. On the days I don’t feel like going, I fix my ipod play lists, imagine myself running on the treadmill, promise myself more cute lululemon’s. But today, I only need to see Mrs. Shepherd, a woman who began her fitness journey at 56.

So incredible. So beautiful.

(edit to add 6/17/11-Mrs. Shepherd is now 75 as of today)

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Jade June 12, 2011 at 12:48 am

She sounds like my Mother Pugh. This lady is upwards of 70 years old…but she is FIERCE! Petite, in shape, beyond active, and the most stylish senior citizen I know. She is a joy to know.

The Comeback Girl June 12, 2011 at 2:10 pm

@ Ja..I LOVE IT. I don’t know any 70 plus year olds not even in my family still being active and fly. I personally believe that like everything else, age is a concept construed in the mind. Sure I don’t think you can get away with drinking 40s, smoking a pack of cigs a day and looking like a Mother Pugh or Mrs. Shepherd, you do have to practice some healthy living things..but I think the other stuff is primarily how we all view age and getting older.

Since people are living longer you may as well be fly as he!ll in the process.

Jade June 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm

“Since people are living longer you may as well be fly as he!ll in the process”

Ain’t that the truth!

Sunny June 14, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Hey ladies!!!!

Her body is ridiculous… if I can get just a fraction of that tightness, I am in like flint! lol.

“Since people are living longer you may as well be fly as he!ll in the process.”

I love this!

Jade, I went online to the Carter’s trying to pick out something for the baby and I am so indecisive, they have sooo many cute things. Thank you again girl.

L.P. June 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Sign up for their daily emails… My niece and niece in law are both decked out in Carter’s. I absolutely love this place.

Sunny June 17, 2011 at 9:08 am

I will do that. Thanks doll!

Holly GoLightly June 17, 2011 at 9:02 am

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to have you back!!

Well ladies since turning 31 I am on a campaign to get this ish together and tighten it on up!!! I am putting myself on a regimen to workout at least 3 days a week, but my goal is really 4. I am making Saturday my splurge day but this is only if I have done my 3 days for the week like promised. I am also cutting back on the alcohol too!

Last night one of my friends suggested maybe not carbs after a certain time….

The Comeback Girl June 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

I never heard of Carter’s…Sunny where are you registered for the baby?

Sunny June 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I hadn’t heard of it before Jade!!!

We’re registered at Target and Burlington Coat Factory.

Jade June 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm

@ Sunny, you’re welcome dear. Yeah whenever I go in there I end up spending a small fortune on my nephew because they alays have great sales to.

Sunny June 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm

My friend told me there is a Carter’s outlet on the way to Indianapolis so we are planning to go and rack up!

Lady Red June 24, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Seriously! She is one of a very few people that motivates me. I am much younger than she, however, I too am the “prissy, makeup and fingernail girl” like she is/was. She motivated me to take the big step to get a trainer, educated and just freaking do it.