LiL Wayne: How To Love …A Story on “The Do-Over”

by The Comeback Girl on June 9, 2011

I think I’m way too old to be loving Lil Wayne and just knew I’d hate it when the DJ said Wayne would be singing on his latest “How to Love”. I tried. I listened even for some played out autotune and didn’t even hear that. What I DID hear was great lyrics, borderline poetic.

You never credit yourself so when you got older
It’s seems like you came back 10 times over
Now you’re sitting here in this damn corner
Looking through all your thoughts and looking over your shoulder

I got to thinking about general Comebacks. Doing things that make you feel uncomfortable. Like a rapper trying to sing. Does he sound like Kermit the frog behind an acoustic guitar? Did he REALLY write this song?

None of it really matters, for real for real, he took a risk. Comeback’s are about taking some. The kind that scares the sh!t out of you …and as a result others too.

No rapper, not even Comeback Girls can stay the same forever.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Sunny June 9, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Very well said. I love Lil Wayne. Mind you, he’s not the most “sophisticated” music I could be listening to but he’s very lyrical and creative, and like you said, he takes risks! Change is good, never be afraid. 😉

admin June 10, 2011 at 1:17 pm

“Very well said. I love Lil Wayne. Mind you, he’s not the most “sophisticated” music I could be listening to but he’s very lyrical and creative, and like you said, he takes risks! Change is good, never be afraid”

@ Sunny…I kind of think that how to love is very sophisticated..I guess he wasn’t going to stay 22 forever LOL..he’s like almost 30.

I agree about change..I’ve been a little resistant.Not on purpose. Its just sometimes sort of scary. But as the Lululemon’s mantra says..do something that scares you everyday.

V Renee June 13, 2011 at 11:36 am

Sunny June 13, 2011 at 3:46 pm

“But as the Lululemon’s mantra says..do something that scares you everyday.”

Amen!!!

The Comeback Girl June 13, 2011 at 5:06 pm

““But as the Lululemon’s mantra says..do something that scares you everyday.”

@ sunny I’m a lulu stan right now..i wish i could figure out how to where their clothes to my “real job”

L.P. June 16, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I saw the store at the Mall of America and they seemed interesting…

I love comebacks and growth and people taking risks. In the last 2 weeks, at least 4 friends have gone off the deep end and started on their dreams despite situations not being ideal…

Recently, the Universe whispers have morphed into loud noises and even bricks being thrown in my face (as Oprah says), so I am gearing to take the plunge. Sometimes you need a kick in the butt to get where you need to be. Being scared is good fuel to power forward.

(yes I have said it and will say it again… so HAPPY this place is back again! Love it! :-))

The Comeback Girl June 13, 2011 at 5:07 pm

“I ♥ Lil Wayne. Always have and always will. He does his own thing and I appreciate that.”

me too Vroom

Sunny June 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm

“sunny I’m a lulu stan right now..i wish i could figure out how to where their clothes to my “real job””

I had to go check out the website and those are some really cute workout clothes! Now, I don’t know if they are gonna feel you walking around at work with them on but I do know you’ll be fly as heck at the gym!