My Return & And the Queen of “Say What Now?”

by The Comeback Girl on May 15, 2011

Yeah I said it. I am the Queen of Reinvention. After losing close to 5o pounds, I think I can call myself whatever I dam!n well please and so can you.

I’m back Comeback Kids.

A little bit more bodacious than before, not that I was EVER a shrinking violet. I abandoned this blog more than a year ago to find myself.  And in the process became even more confused and then started to rebuild. I still don’t have all the answers, but I’ve got some. The rest I’ll work out with the Comebackers here in the tree house like I always did. I miss this community. I think that’s really the only part of the “old me” that I wish I could have found some way to maintain, instead of throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Comeback Girl Rule Number 1:  Sometimes you do have to really leave it all behind, to figure out what you  desperately need back.

And this creative outlet, is what I desperately need.

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

MrsTDJ May 23, 2011 at 9:58 am

Welcome back lady, welcome back! You’ve been missed!

admin May 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm

This really made my day thank you MRSTDJ!!!!!

shay-d-lady May 27, 2011 at 9:01 am

girl!!! i am so glad you are back. I too was in a bad space and I loved this site! your writing was so open and honest and a lot of time mirrored my struggle.

Glad your back Chica!!

admin May 27, 2011 at 11:11 am

Hi SHAY!!!! OMG..I can’t believe that you just thought you’d check the site back out. I really did miss writing I have so much to say.

“Today I was sitting at the desk of my new job and i just decided to check and see who had the domain name!!!
im so happy and suprised. I have also dropped about 35 lbs im trying to hit 50 by July!!!”

GIRL YOU BETTA WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT. Releasing weight is a serious journey. I really felt like I couldn’t move forward WITH ANYTHING until I got some of my pounds off.

I feel brand new. But it is a little scary to me. But I AINT GOING BACK…OH HEL!ls NO..I’ll take a little thinner fear over the chubby stuff I was hiding behind.

Jade June 1, 2011 at 12:01 am

Glad you’re back CBG! I’ve been checking back constantly since Feb. Glad you’re on you’re way to becoming who you want to be! I feel you. After being hit with my father’s death and diagnosed with kidney failure, I’ve just been trying to build myself back up too. Wishing you much success on your journey girl!

admin June 1, 2011 at 9:55 am

“After being hit with my father’s death and diagnosed with kidney failure, I’ve just been trying to build myself back up too. ”

I wish you much success and healing Zsa..you can do it. You are a strong woman. We all come into this life with something to comeback from. Its all perspective and how you look at things i think.

Mikki June 4, 2011 at 8:04 am

Hey comeback, im glad your back too!!!! I missed you!!!!!

admin June 4, 2011 at 9:05 am

thank you Mikster.. i see you making big real estate moves and what nots on face book.

Cathryn June 6, 2011 at 11:39 am

so glad to have you back!

admin June 6, 2011 at 11:51 am

Thanks Cathryn!!

Sunny June 9, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I said to myself, “let me see if this girl has came back yet,” and here you are!!!

Glad to see ya here and I hope to read you more often!!!

Blogging is therapeutie, and I have one too.

admin June 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Hi Sunny again let me check you out over there.

L.P. June 16, 2011 at 8:21 pm

But, but, but, why come nobody told me you were back???? Awwww!! I missed you guys soooo much! Welcome back, comeback girl!

I think the past year has been eye opening for a lot of us… and what’s life without reinvention! So glad to read y’all.

And, CONGRATS on the weight loss!

The Comeback Girl June 17, 2011 at 6:29 am

@ L BOOGIE…I wanted to ease my way back on the scene ..LOL :) thanks on the congrats. How’ve you been?

Sunny June 17, 2011 at 9:11 am

I agree,congrats on the weight loss, Comeback. You are looking awesome

The Comeback Girl June 17, 2011 at 10:59 am

Thanks SUNNY..i need to post some new pics. I have some videos I’ll be posting soon..You all make my day…

Holly GoLightly June 17, 2011 at 9:07 am

I am so happy you are back!!! I missed you guys!!

The Comeback Girl June 17, 2011 at 11:01 am

HI HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m glad we’re back too. I missed this blog desperately.

Holly GoLightly June 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Yea but you gotta do what you gotta do! A lot of writers from other blogs I read took some time off too!